Dear Bride and Groom,
We are delighted that you are considering Zion Lutheran Church for your marriage ceremony. The following information is presented to help ensure that your rehearsal and wedding day will go smoothly and stress-free. Please take careful note of these guidelines. You are responsible for communicating all information to your wedding party, family members, and service providers including your florist and photographer.
Please be aware that the payment of fees for services rendered by the organist, janitor, and clergy should be made directly to those individuals. Those payments should be made at your rehearsal.
We encourage you to carefully read through all the following guidelines before making an appointment with the pastor. Again we thank you for choosing Zion Lutheran Church. We pray your experience here will prove to be a wonderful time of celebration and joy.
In Christian Love,
Pastors Kurt Ziemann & Jimmy Riley
Fee schedule will be discussed at the first meeting with the pastor
Guidelines for Weddings
- A pastor of Zion Lutheran Church will officiate at all weddings at Zion.
- One or both parties of those desiring to be married at Zion must be a member of Zion or are going through the membership classes with the pastor.
- Weddings are not permitted on Sundays, Holy Week, or Christmas Eve.
- Four pre-marital counseling sessions are recommended and should be scheduled at least three months prior to wedding date.
- The pastor’s approval is required for final wedding program at least one month prior to service.
- Your marriage is a sacred service of worship. Simplicity is the best policy for your ceremony.
- Two floral arrangements may be placed at the altar and need to be sized appropriately. Our brass containers may be used and hold a four or five inch plastic cup.
- A unity candle is available if you wish to use one in your service.
- Rice or birdseed may not be used in the building or on church property.
- Aisle decorations are permitted.
- No tape, glue, staples or nails will be allowed in any area of the sanctuary.
- The bridal couple is responsible for the care of the church use during their wedding.
- Your florist or other responsible party should remove all decorations immediately following your ceremony.
- If you wish to leave floral arrangements in honor or memory of family members, please notify the church secretary 30 days prior to your wedding date.
- Flash photography will not be permitted during the ceremony (after the invocation until the final blessing).
- The use of video cameras is allowed from the door of the chancel at the front of the sanctuary with an unattended camera and also from the balcony at the rear of the sanctuary.
- Spotlights may not be used.
- Music is a traditional and beautiful part of your wedding ceremony. Music selections should be sacred and reverent. Our organist can help you plan this special portion of the service.
- Pre-recorded music is not to be used during the prelude or ceremony. This should be kept in mind when choosing vocal selections as well. It is your responsibility to contact our organist for consultation about music for your wedding ceremony.
- If you wish to use musicians other than our organist, our organist must still be notified for approval.
- When outside musicians are used, the fee of our resident organist must still be paid. The organist fee includes one consultation, rehearsal, and ceremony.
- Additional rehearsals will result in an additional charge per session. Please contact the church office to obtain the organist’s telephone number. Please contact our organist as soon as your date has been scheduled with the pastor.
- Final decisions concerning musical selections rest with our pastor.
- Smoking is not permitted in any area of the church.
- Alcoholic beverages or pets will not be allowed anywhere on the church property. This includes the parking lot and sidewalks.
- We ask that the dressing areas used be restored to the order in which they were found as soon as possible following the service.
- Rehearsals need to begin on time!
- Please remind everyone in your wedding party that the rehearsal is a time to pay attention to details. We expect all persons involved to listen to the pastor during the rehearsal. The last rehearsal time is 8:00 p.m.
- At the pastor’s discretion, the church will be opened a total of three (3) hours for your wedding. Two (2) hours prior to the wedding, the church will be open for assembling, dressing and photography.
Forms for Holy Matrimony:
Short (to be completed and returned immediately)
Long (to be completed and returned 10 days before wedding)